What is a leadership framework and how can you use it?
Most universities and research organisations have leadership frameworks. A leadership framework describes the skills and behaviours that are generally regarded as important in that organisation.
This leadership framework (PDF) shares the skills and behaviours that many colleagues across Oxford say are of value here.
How can I use the leadership framework?
- Try a self assessment exercise and work out what you believe you do well and one thing you think you could improve
- Ask a critical friend or colleague for their views to aid objectivity
- Maybe ask for a 360 review
If I want to develop as a leader or manager, what opportunities are there for me?
- Academic and research leaders
- Leadership and management development for all staff
- Search for the skill you want to develop from the self-directed learning resources on LinkedIn Learning. The library is available to use for free by all University members who have Single Sign On credentials.