Support for local HR managers
How we can support you in taking forward your department’s learning and development plans
The People and Organisational Development unit works in partnership with other professional services staff, to support the University’s strategic aims through the targeted development of people
We offer a planning meeting to help leaders and managers to identify their strategic priorities for learning and development and produce an action plan. As a local HR manager, you may have a role in preparing for the discussion, or in taking forward part of the plan.
For example, you may be asked to:
- Review the PDR scheme
- Consider staff survey outcomes
- Start up a mentoring scheme
- Contribute to a departmental learning and development plan
- Tackle an individual’s or a team’s learning needs
- Provide data on staff capabilities, previous training, etc.
Start the conversation with us and we can provide ideas and support.